Sunday, October 13, 2013

Packing Up Orders!


Tonight I am working on getting a few orders packaged up. One of them is this cute puppy cake pan from Wilton Cake Decorating. I paid $2.00 for it. After doing some research on Ebay for a price to list it for I ended up listing it for $8.95. I don't have a lot of room to store my inventory so I would rather let something go for a little less and keep things moving out than have it sit around here forever! Shipping costs for buyer were $8.76. After fees and packaging materials my final profit is $7.17. I did make a little on the shipping this time. I usually charge for the parcel select which is the least expensive shipping but sometimes it ends up cheaper to ship by Priority Mail! I think it depends on what zone you're shipping to...if it's the same zone you're in then the Priority is usually the best choice.

I also packaged up the mirror that I mentioned in yesterdays post. I cleared $7.35 on that. The other package I got ready was this lot of vintage metal buttons:

I made a profit on them of $6.27. A couple of weeks ago I was at a sale and bought quite a few things. I had seen a round laundry basket half full of button cards and baggies of old buttons. I love buttons! I love selling buttons! She didn't have a price on them but I figured she'd want quite a bit so when I was paying for my other things I asked her how much she wanted for the buttons. She said "what would you give me?"...well, I didn't know what to say...I didn't want to pay any more than $10 for them but I figured she's want at least $20. I hem hawed around and said "$5.00?" and she said, "That's do-able!"!!!! So she got the buttons and bagged them up for me! I was thrilled!  I listed my first set which consisted of 50 vintage cards that had all of the buttons on them. This was the set:



I listed them on Ebay at auction starting at $10.00. I sold them for $17.50 plus $3.83 shipping. After fees and taking off the whole purchase price of $5.00 I made a profit of $10.01! Now I figure when I list the rest of the buttons I already have paid the cost of the buttons so I should do pretty good on the rest! I have lots more to list!

My goal for Monday is to list 5 things on Ebay, 3 things on DownVintageLane and 3 sets of buttons on ButtonCrazy. I hope to update late Monday night saying that I accomplished my goal! Have a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment