Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tuesday Update

5 Clear Atlas Jars
Paid $5.00 - Sold for $30.00 - Profit $23.83

54 Wooden Spools
Paid $1 or $2? - Sold for $10.50 - Profit $6.62
 
I sold these wooden spools tonight on eBay. I listed them at auction starting at $10.00. I really don't seem to have a lot of success on auctions for the most part. I should have been able to get more for these. I should have just listed them in my Etsy shop. I sold 55 empty wooden spools a year ago and got $18.50 for them. I don't know why I didn't just list them on DownVintageLane. Or I guess I should have started the auction at a higher price. Oh well...ya win some, ya lose some I guess. I don't remember what I would have paid for these. I had a few different batches that I had bought here and there but I probably didn't pay more than a couple of bucks for them. I guess somebody else just got a good deal!
 
I sold 5 clear jars today. The lady that wants the 30 jars hasn't paid yet. She said either today or tomorrow so I'm hoping it's soon! I had another lady ask me about 6 or 8 pint jars. She never got back to me after I answered her. Sometimes people say they want something and then ya never hear from them again!
 
I spent probably an hour and a half washing about 75 blue quart jars this afternoon! I decided to wash them in the bathtub as our kitchen faucet seems to be running really slow here lately and it would have taken forever to do them in the kitchen sink! The jars I get are usually fairly dirty. I take a brillo pad and scrub the outside and then put the brillo pad on the inside and take a long handled scrub brush and stick it in the jar and grab the brillo pad with the end of the scrub brush and twirl it all around on the inside scrubbing away! I did about 10 at a time....first the outside on all of them, then the inside on all of them, then I would rinse them all out and set them on a towel. The first 20 or 30 went pretty fast but I definitely slowed down the more I did! I know that tomorrow I will feel muscles in my arms and legs that I haven't felt in a long time! It's a little different washing them in the bathtub! I bent over the tub, I stood by the tub and bent over, I sat on the stool and leaned over....just about any ol' position I could get in I was in! At least they're done and in the morning I will get my 20 jar order ready and hope that I can get the 30 jar ready too! It'll take awhile to pack up that many jars. I feel like I put plenty of work into those jars and I earn my money!
 
Thanks for stopping by! ~~Pam

5 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like you put a lot of work into the jars! I sold 6 of them a couple months ago that I picked up at a yard sale & I remember all the work it took me to get them cleaned & then all the time to wrap & pack them securely. I only had them that 1 time & you do it all the time, you definitely earn that money!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think sometimes people thinks it's so great to work from home or make money from home....like it's easier than going out to work but I figure we all work just as hard as the ones who go out to a job! (but it is nice to be at home!) ~~Pam

      Delete
  2. Leaning over a tub is no fun. I know because I scraped epoxy paint off our old tub for hours and days. At least all your hard work pays off in the end. You're doing so well with your jars, it's admirable. I have to remember to look out for wooden spools. One of my blog friends, Crafty Hope made a cool necklace out of one. You can see it here:
    http://craftyhope.blogspot.com/2013/10/vintage-wooden-spool-challenge-reveal.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the one she made with the French text on the spool and the buttons of course! ~~Pam

      Delete
  3. It's hard to believe people commit to buy and then make you wait of don't follow through. I pay for things as soon as I see I won them. Love your spools, and they did go for too little. I guess that's the auction world sometimes. I bought a huge group of spools a year or so ago. Maybe it was your big group, LOL! Anyway, I'm glad to have them because they are so great for crafting and I just joined another spoolie swap.

    Sounds like a lot of work you've put into the jars, blue jars...sweet.

    New follower to you! From one Pam to another. :)

    ReplyDelete