Sunday, May 25, 2014

Latest News

Wow, time flies when you're having fun! Ha! Life just gets so busy sometimes! My son and his wife were back for a visit from New York so that kept last weekend busy. One of my boys broke his big toe Tuesday so that just adds to the business of life too!
 
A couple of weeks ago I bought 310...yes...310 old magazines at a yard sale! Friday they were 25 cents each or 5 for $1.00. I bought $10 worth that day and told her if she didn't sell them all I would come back Saturday and give her 10 cents each for them so she said okay! Saturday I went back and bought 260 more magazines! There were lots of hunting and fishing type magazines from back in the 1930's and 40's and I had looked them up and it looked like I could make a little money on them! So I am figuring that I spent an average of 12 cents each on all of the magazines. So far I have made a profit of $188.69 on the 27 that I've sold! I am selling these for between $7.50 and $9.95 each.
 
Sold 19 so far - Profit of $129.67

Sold 8 so far - Profit $59.02
 
I have tons yet to list but I'm figuring out how to edit my pictures quicker and how to list them quicker...got a system down so it's actually not too bad. I have old issues of Successful Farmer, Farmer's Journal, National Sportsman, Hunting & Fishing and others. I figure I should make a nice little profit on all of them! I did debate on whether or not to list them separately or in a group of like 4-6 or groups from each year. I decided on doing them separately for now and so far it's working! I think when I finally get them all listed and a lot of them sell then I will have a sale on them to move more of them out. If it gets down to where I think I should bundle them together to get rid of the last ones then I'll do that then. How would you do it? ( Here's a link to the ones I have listed: http://stores.ebay.com/Pamelas-Paraphernalia/Magazines-/_i.html?_fsub=876279519 I have 35 there and I've sold 27 so I've listed 62 so far....248 to go!!! )

Bought this new, never been used Caboodle make-up case at a yard sale for $5.00. Still had a cosmetic bag attached to the inside! Sold it for $37.50!

Caboodle Make-up Case
Paid $5.00 - Sold for $37.50 - Profit $26.09

I had read somewhere that these old granny square afghans sell well so when I found this one for 2 bucks I picked it up! Sold within a couple of weeks!

Granny Square Afghan
Paid $2.00 - Sold for 29.95 - Profit $23.10
 
Bought this old push toy at Goodwill for $1.99. I should have probably saved it for my little grandson to play with in a few months but the money won out this time! I sold it to someone in Australia who was willing to pay $48 to ship it there! I then figured out that I had added priority shipping to the listing and I could send it by first class so it ended up costing her $23 instead and I refunded the difference. Hope it makes it there okay....and remind me to never buy anything this weird shaped to ship again! It was hard to find a box!
 

Paid $1.99 - Sold for $19.95 - Profit $14.08
 

 
I mentioned this little dandy that I sold a couple of weeks ago...sold it for $49.95....well, I got a message from the lady saying that when she tried to install it she kept getting an error message saying the activation key was invalid. I tried to call the company and see what I could do but I guess since it was previously owned maybe the code was already used. He also told me it was alright for me to buy it at a yard sale but I shouldn't have sold it on ebay. I don't know if that is true or not but I definitely won't be buying computer programs to sell anymore! I refunded her the entire price. Figured she shouldn't have to mail back the program but maybe I should have had her do that...I don't know. I guess I always hope that people are being honest with me.

Well, that's about it. I've sold a few other things but nothing to write home about! Guess I better be getting busy listing some more magazines! Thanks for stopping by! ~~Pam

15 comments:

  1. Nice find and sales on the magazines!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you found some really good stuff. Love the afghan. A few years back, I also bought a computer-type item for a sewing machine. I thought I had scored until I realized it needed a dongle to make it work (didn't even know what that was). It was an international sale so I just gave her a full refund without a return. Never again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is a "dongle"? I don't know what it is either! Lol! ~~Pam

      Delete
  3. What a score on the magazines! I love old magazines but never find them that cheap. Have a good holiday tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if they would have cost a little more I might not have bought them! ~~Pam

      Delete
  4. the magazines are gorgeous...but theres trick youve missed in the listing , if theres a place mentioned in any of the articles slap it in the title , local interest sells instantly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I will keep that in mind for the next 200 I have to list! :) ~~Pam

      Delete
  5. Awesome score on the old mags! And the profit you made on them already! Wow! I bought some vintage "Ideals" magazines. Sadly, no interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've realized before that not all vintage magazines are created equal! She had a bunch of "Life" and "Look" magazines that I passed on. I did pick up a few that I thought might sell but usually they don't seem to sell for a lot and I figured I already had gotten enough anyway! ~~Pam

      Delete
  6. I'm shipping one first class and 2 or more have gone by priority mail. Since they have ads in them they can't be shipped by media mail, which would be cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow great find on the magazines! Hopefully they will continue to sell fast for you.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for a great post. I love looking through old magazines. Your post has inspired me to list a few 1950's "Every Woman's" that I got at an estate sale. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I hope you do well on your magazines! ~~Pam

      Delete