Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Question About Buy it Now

I have a question....why do people "buy it now" and then not pay for days? They're right there clicking on the "BIN" button and they can't pay for it now? Is there a good reason that I just don't know about why they do this? If they need to wait for funds to get into their paypal account, then why don't they just tell me? Seems crazy to me! I guess I just need to check the box that says they must pay immediately if they do buy it now! Here are my sales in my Etsy shop for the past few days...nothing thrilling!
 
I've got 3 of these bowls...this one I paid the most for. I had them priced higher but they just haven't sold till this one did. I need to take a better picture.....
 
Milk Glass Fruit Bowl
Paid $3.38 - Sold for $8.00 - Profit $5.09

I remember my grandpa always having his folding ruler with him. I thought it was so neat! I've sold several like this over the past few years.
Vintage Folding Ruler
Paid $1.00 - Sold for $7.95 - Profit $7.28

Love the vintage tea towels! I bought a bunch last fall for 50 cents each. I think I still have a few left in my shop.
4 Embroidered Tea Towels
Paid $2.00 - Sold for $9.95 - Profit $6.87
 
And here are my Ebay sales....minus the one that hasn't paid yet!!
 
This is the 3rd train car I've sold out of 6 that I bought a couple of weeks ago.
Caterpillar Train Car
Paid $1.00 - Sold for $8.50 - Profit $7.13

I love old children's readers...the vintage pictures are always so cute that I'm tempted to start my own collection!
Vintage Childrens Reader
Paid $1.00 - Sold for $10.00 - Profit $6.71
 
 
I took pictures today and listed 12 items tonight! I need to do that everyday! Thanks for stopping by! ~~Pam

6 comments:

  1. In my opinion I think they are impulse shoppers that really can't afford what they buy. I had one this week as well. I sent two invoices and then did an ebay unpaid item case. Still nothing. I think the person regrets her/his impulse buy and is too ashamed to own up.

    Funny cause I just listed another book in the Wonder Story Book Series.

    I like those folding rulers too but I've never found one. I also like buying vintage wood rulers and yardsticks.

    Wow. I wish I could get 12 things listed in a day! Usually my top is about 7-10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think many of them were spoiled doing auctions and not having to pay right away. I don't really know, but I do know that I don't purchase anything on ebay that I don't have the funds to cover in PayPal immediately. I always check the box to require BINs to pay immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the switch sometime in the last year to always check the box to require BINs to pay immediately, and it is SO nice. Although I do still get an occasional "buyer" who makes a best offer that I accept who never pays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has always bugged me too. I think some people want it but don't have the money to pay right away; and they're afraid it'll be gone by the time they do. These folks do eventually pay. But I also think there are those that have buyer's remorse. These are the ones that bug me the most because they will never pay; and then I can't relist it until I've gone through the whole UPI process. I would much rather a buyer be upfront and tell me they changed their mind so I can just cancel the transaction and relist an item right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that milk glass fruit bowl! So pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think most of them just have a change of heart, but what is MOST annoying is that they won't communicate with you. If they would only msg. you a simple "Sorry, I can't buy that", "Thought I wanted it". We'd still be ticked, but at least we'd know what was going on and wouldn't have to go through all that UPI process. We could just grit our teeth, tell the person, "Thank you for letting me know", and go on. Of course, that would require some common sense, which many are seriously lacking these days!

    ReplyDelete