Monday, May 5, 2014

Avon Calling

Last October I bought about 40 different vintage Avon decanters for 10 cents each. I knew that old Avon sells slow but for 10 cents each I almost couldn't pass it up! Since then I have made a profit of $124 on what I've sold! I still have quite a few pieces left...I even have some left to list. It's not a ton of money, and each sale is usually a small profit of $5-$10 but as usual, every little nickel and dime adds up! These are my sales for the past couple of days:
 
Avon Somewhere Cologne
Paid 10 cents - Sold for $10.00 - Profit $7.90
 
This next item is an old folder from J & K Button Company here in Muscatine, Iowa. I guess they were sample buttons that companies could order from. I probably got it at a yard sale a couple of years ago and had it put away and forgot about it till this year. I thought it was neat and maybe would sell to some kind of button collector. I started it at $10 and got one bid. Guess it wasn't as neat to other people!

Sample Button Folder
Paid ? - Sold for $10.00 - Profit $7.61

These next 2 items are part of a 5 piece set that my 16 yr. old daughter spotted at a sale. They had $10 on the set and she asked them if they'd take $5 and they did! She's a good haggler!

Short Flatbed Car w/ Caterpillar Bull-Dozer
Paid $1.00 - Sold for $7.50 - Profit $6.25


Cen-Pe-Co Train Car
Paid $1.00 - Sold for $10.00 - Profit $8.01
 
I went to Goodwill this afternoon and got a couple of plush items and 2 sets of VHS tapes....a 3 tape set of Star Wars and a 5 tape set of Lucy....hopefully they will sell!
 
Thanks for stopping by! ~~Pam

7 comments:

  1. Pam-At a dime a piece, that's a great deal on those Avon bottles. You may want to try selling them in lots. Group them together by theme, cars, sports ect. Just a thought...Dude!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dude! Thanks for the advice! I've got a couple of train engine Avon pieces I should try that with! ~~Pam

      Delete
    2. Hey Pam-No problem. I'd be interested in knowing how you do with them..Good luck....Dude!

      Delete
  2. Dude's idea is a good one. Your toy photos look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorraine! I had read your post about taking pictures and how you edit them and I played around with my Photoshop and found kinda the same settings that you were talking about and I like the way they turned out! ~~Pam

      Delete
    2. Oh, and congratulations! I listened to the podcast last night...you're famous! ~~Pam

      Delete
    3. I know! I was so excited to hear Jay talking about my blog post! My daughter even came running out of her room when she heard the podcast.

      I'm so glad I had something to do with your nice photos. I learned that trick from another blogger so I can't take the credit, but it works pretty well for me most of the time. I wish I could use natural light, but my camera needs a lot of light to take a good photo and my house just doesn't have enough (too many trees), so I have to use flash.

      Delete