Saturday, August 2, 2014

Selling on Craigslist and Facebook

I have been trying to look for bigger things that might sell on Craigslist or Facebook so that I don't have to pay the fees that come off the top on eBay or Etsy. My little girl had this kitchen set for a few years and she hardly played with it anymore so I put it on Facebook. I had someone take it right away! I think we paid around $25 for it and we sold it for $10.00.
Sold for $10.00
 
Next I found this little Fisher Price table at a yard sale for $1.00!!! I couldn't believe it was so low because it was in excellent condition! I put $15 on it and sold it within a day or two! I might have been able to get a little more for this on eBay but then there's the hassle of packing up something big and losing a lot of the profit to fees.
 
Fisher Price Play Table
Paid $1.00 - Sold for $15.00 - Profit $14.00
 
When I bought this picnic basket a couple of months ago my plan was to sell it on eBay but after researching it I just figured it was hardly worth the hassle so I put it on Facebook the other day asking $15 for it. I had one lady say she wanted it Thursday but then she must have changed her mind. Another lady asked today if I would take $10 for it so I did....I just wanted it out of my den! It came with a service of 4 plates, cups and silverware...all hard plastic.
Picnic Basket w/Service for 4
Paid $5.00 - Sold for $10.00 - Profit $5.00
 
I will be keeping my eyes open for things that I can get for a good price and make at least $10 profit on. I figure I won't have to worry about packing these bigger things up or about fees either!
 
 
 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. Those are some really cute items. I wish you were selling in my area. I've been looking for a Little Tykes Slide for Zoey. They're hard to find and most people want over $20 for them. Maybe I'll get lucky and find one at a garage sale cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a nice sum selling on FB. I have a ton of stuff I need to purge, just being lazy about taking pics and posting. Get frustrated b/c I fell I price my things very resonable and without fail the first person will ask if I will take less. I usually pass and sell it for what I was asking. I have 3 matching stools/ottomans I picked up at GW for $10 each thinking they would be a quick flip and a nice profit. Going to have to rethink purchases that I expect to make more than $10 on, I think that is a good rule of thumb. If I can make more then yeah but if not I need to be satisfied with ANY profit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those items are so cute! I'm not surprised that they sold so quickly. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't sell on Facebook, but we do often sell on Craigslist with certain things. It's nice to add to the mix of resale venues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like selling on craigslist or facebook. The hassle of packaging/shipping/paying fees on some stuff just isn't worth it. Good call on getting rid of that basket locally!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love selling on Craigslist! I will sell larger and higher priced items, especially things that can't be mailed like furniture, etc. I love that I don't have to package or transport anything and definitely NO fees! Love it!

    ReplyDelete