Friday, August 22, 2014

My Decision Was Made for Me

I wasn't sure whether or not I was going to go out to yard sales this morning but I woke up to thunder and pouring down rain so that kind of made my decision easy to make! It's good to have some rain except for my husband was hopefully going to finish mowing some lawns this morning so we could collect some money! But it really is good to have rain because it will hopefully keep the grass growing! The lawn-mowing business has slowed way down the past couple of weeks so we need the rain. Anyway, it's good for future business but not so good for today!
 
The view outside of our dining room window....doesn't look as rainy as it actually is.
 
I've had a few more sales the past couple of days. The next 3 are from my vintage shop and button shop.
 
39 Wooden Spools
Paid $1.00 - Sold for $9.95 - Profit $8.71

Vintage Children's Reader
Paid $1.00 - Sold for $7.00 - Profit - $5.99

50 Gray Vintage Buttons
Paid 25 cents - Sold for $4.50 - Profit $3.80
 
Got to hear the "ca-ching" sound a few times too! It's always exciting to hear it!

Vidal Sassoon Hot Rollers
Paid $4.38 - Sold for $25.95 - Profit $15.84
 
Hooked on Phonics Level 1
Paid $1.00 - Sold for $10.00 - Profit $6.18

National Sportsman Magazine
Paid 12 cents - Sold for $9.00 - Profit $7.73

Fur Fish Game Magazine
Paid 12 cents  - Sold for $6.00 w/fs - Profit $1.56
 
You really can sell anything on eBay! That old magazine with no cover still sold. Of course I didn't make much on it but every bit helps I guess! My total magazine profit so far is $428.21.
 
I didn't get to list anything new the past couple of days. My sister-in-law is here for a visit so things have been busy! Today I'm going to try to get some laundry and listing done! Tonight we have our little grandbaby staying with us. He's so precious! He's only 5 1/2 months old and is crawling all over the place already! I don't think any of our kids crawled that early!
 
Thanks for stopping by! ~~Pam

4 comments:

  1. I finally had my first Etsy sale, I'm happy bout that! You are right anything will sell if the right buyer comes along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sales! I went garage saling today, but didn't find too much. Hoping tomorrow brings more treasures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your grandbaby!
    I am planning on going to some sales tomorrow, there was only one today so I did not bother heading out.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you magazine sales! It all adds up!!

    Lisa@Centralfloridathrifter

    ReplyDelete