Tuesday, September 1, 2015

July and August Update!

I know....long time, no write! I haven't really had anything too exciting to share. Things have been slowwwww....at least on the selling front. Everyday life is anything but slow! I did have the goal of listing 100 items in August and late last night I finished listing 10 more things to make it to my hundred! Those 100 things were divided between my eBay store and my 2 Etsy shops. I am up to 325 listings on eBay which I'm glad of. I'd really like to get up to 500 as soon as possible. I really do think the yard sales haven't been very good this summer. Last winter I had big plans to get lots of good stuff to sell this summer and it just seems really hard to find anything around here!
 
So.....here are a few of the better sales I've had of the 46 items I've sold on eBay since the first of July.
 
Hot rollers always seem to sell for me. Here are 2 sets that sold recently:
 
Remington Hot Rollers
Paid $2.50 - Sold for $25.00 - Profit $18.78

Windmere Hot Rollers
Free from my daughter - Sold for $27.95 - Profit $21.41
 
I debated on whether or not to sell this chopper thingy.... my daughter works for a lady that didn't want it anymore and I had it around for quite awhile and finally tried to figure out how to use it. I figured I've been cutting up my own veggies and lettuce for ages and I'd rather have the money that this would bring than to have to figure out a place to store this contraption!

Genius Salad Chopper
Free from friend - Sold for $29.95 - Profit $27.07
 
This mug was only a quarter so I bought it and looked up the completed listings and realized it probably wasn't going to sell for a whole lot but I did finally give the "jelly roll" method of shipping mugs in a padded priority envelope a try. It must have worked because I haven't heard otherwise! I was really nervous mailing it out that way but I guess it got there okay!

Oklahoma Mug
Paid 25 cents - Sold for $8.95 - Profit $7.15

Lot of Flower Frogs
Paid $4.00 - Sold for $30.00 - Profit $21.40

Nike Shoes
Can't remember if these were given to me or if I bought them!
Sold for $35.00 - Profit $31.14

These Polaroid One Step cameras can go for quite a bit if they are tested. I didn't have any way of testing mine and I only paid a dollar for it so I listed it for $25 and got a best offer of $20 on it within a short time. I also sold a Polaroid Impulse camera after that but it was less money.
Polaroid One Step Camera
Paid $1.00 - Sold for $20.00 - Profit $17.02
 
I did get a call a couple of weeks ago from someone that had about 200 jars for me! My hubby and I went on a Friday morning to a town about a hundred miles from here and picked them up. Now I'm stocked up on jars for awhile! I actually sold 20 jars the next day so that helped to pay for the new ones!
 
I've also been selling more buttons this past month because I have been listing more buttons! Funny how that works! I'll never get rich on selling buttons but I love buttons and there's just something about sorting them and getting them ready that is just relaxing to me!
 
Well, that about wraps it up. Hopefully I will have more good sales to show soon! Thanks for stopping by! ~~Pam

13 comments:

  1. The sales you did show were pretty good. That is a score on the jars. Do you buy them if they have small nicks on the rim? Just curious. Good to see you back!

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianne! Well, I like to buy them without the knicks but sometimes they do have some rough edges. I have actually been able to sell some even if they have a little bit more chippiness on the rims. I just list them as "shabby" and sell them for less! That way I still make a little on them! ~~Pam

      Delete
  2. Good to see a post from you. You're not the only one disappointed with yard sales this summer. I think perhaps more and more people are using Facebook to list their items. Even the pickins at GW are slim lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lorraine....I know, right? I think that's what's going on too, and even if somebody has a yard sale, they look up their items on eBay and try to get those kinds of prices! The nerve....! :) ~~Pam

      Delete
  3. I love to read your posts - great sales. Way to go on the listings! I love buttons too. I love putting them in jars so I can see and enjoy them. But most of them are hidden in all my hoard of vintage. I made some cute bingo cards to use as button cards, intending to sell in my antique mall booth but secretly I think I want to keep all my buttons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love my buttons too! I have lots of them in old mason jars. I've seen some neat ideas on Pinterest for displaying buttons...even in old bubble gum machines, which I actually found a small one last week! Already have some buttons in it! Thanks for your comment! ~~Pam

      Delete
  4. It's alright. Those highs and lows will always pop up when you’re selling things. Sometimes you have great sales; sometimes you don't. What matters is that you keep the inventory replenished, so you’ll have a lot of stock for those busy moments. Good day!

    Porter Sommers @ Plumb Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our garage sales have been dismal this summer, too. I think more and more people are doing their selling on facebook groups :( Congrats on your sales and your new supply of jars! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I think you're right about people selling on Facebook. I've been trying that too! ~~Pam

      Delete
  6. Nice sales, and yay for reaching your listing goal!

    I am curious how much cleaning the rollers take? Do you only buy them if they look new? I bought a few sets early on, but they give me kind of an ick factor, and they're still sitting neglected in a box somewhere, unlisted. Now at yard sales I just pass them by. (And I also felt like they yard sales around here weren't as good or as plentiful as they have been in years past.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kari! Yes, I usually only buy them if they look practically new. I've passed up some icky ones! ~~Pam

      Delete
  7. Nice score on the jars Pam. I need to go back and re-read some of your older posts to see how much you're willing to pay for them. I was at a garage sale this spring and when I approached, I saw a guy (that had just gotten there before me) taking all the blue jars..they had about 20 of them. Missed it by that much! LOL

    I love selling the hot rollers too, especially when I find new ones. I have some that I still have to clean.

    ReplyDelete