Monday, July 28, 2014

Life's Crazy, Sold Egg Cartons, A Quick Update!

How do you like that title! Ha! It's been a busy 3 weeks since my last post! Too much going on and not enough time to keep up with everything! Here are a few sales from the past few days. I might update in a day or two with more from the past 3 weeks.
 
I've been saving my egg cartons for awhile and listed these last week. I could have made a little bit more...I made the mistake of adding one more to the bunch because I had an extra one so I thought I would be nice and send it along. Well, even though it didn't weigh much I think it put me in the next weight bracket so I ended up paying an extra dollar or so on shipping! I have a stack of the cardboard like cartons that I need to list too....we go through 2-4 dozen eggs a week around here...might as well get a little bit back on our grocery bill!
 
29 Egg Cartons
Sold for $15.00 - Profit $7.79
 
I remember having an old phone like this one when I was growing up. We lived out in the country and were on a party line... I think ours was 2 rings! It was always frustrating picking up the phone to call someone and someone else was on the other line! Had to wait our turn!

Vintage Rotary Phone
Paid $3.00 - Sold for $21.95 - Profit $16.48
 
I think this is at least the 3rd boxed set of Little House books that I've sold!

Boxed Set of Little House on the Prairie Books
Paid $2.00 - Sold for $17.95 - Profit $12.74
 
I LOVE these shoes! Too bad they weren't in my size....and that my feet kill me anyway....and that my knees hurt too...so I never would be able to walk in them anyway! :)

Red Bongo Shoes
Paid $1.00 - Sold for $15.00 - Profit $11.03
 
My daughter bought these 2 big Care Bears at a yard sale for a dollar each and gave them to me to sell.


2 BIG Care Bears
Paid - Nothing - Sold for $35 for both - Profit $29.41
 
Well, that's about it for now! Thanks for stopping by! ~~Pam
 


 

12 comments:

  1. Hi Pam,
    It's great to see you post, I've missed you!
    Nice Sales!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhonda! It's just so hard to find a minute to do it and then the days get away from me! ~~Pam

      Delete
  2. Hi Pam. Good to see you posting. You had some nice sales. Have a great week and don't forget to breathe! Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew you could sell egg cartons and make a buck? Great job!
    Lisa@centralfloridathrifter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, eggs are so expensive anymore that at least this helps defray the cost a little! ~~Pam

      Delete
  4. Brilliant idea to sell those egg cartons.I was going through some buttons just yesterday and thinking of you. Glad to know all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen others selling them so thought I'd try it too! I sold some last year too but can't find my info on how much they went for....~~Pam

      Delete
  5. Glad to see you back! Great Care Bear sale!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sale on the Care Bears! I have a couple big ones listed separately that have been hanging around well over a year. Maybe I will borrow your idea and try selling them together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I could sell international egg-cartons then???? They just go out for re-cycling here but maybe, just maybe folk your side of the pond might like some variety in their eggy-life!

    How expensive are eggs? I usually pay £2.00 for half a dozen (6) large organic free-range eggs. Thats about $3.20

    ReplyDelete